Monday, February 24, 2014

The small things we overlook


What we overlook, does not come to light easily, not even when we see others emphasize preference towards them. I think we understand what great things we were not paying attention to when we take the time to know our self more, when we pay attention to what makes us really content. And the truest joy often comes from surprising sources, small things or little acts. There are so many, but our attention sometimes misses them or/and they might even change with time (true for me).

Here are 6 random things that make me happy lately:
  • Changing my computer's desktop background often (because apparently I get bored pretty fast)
  • Cute utility items around me (supplies, furniture, tools, everything matters) 
  • Having a personal photography or art framed (or 10 of them)
  • Fresh flowers at home (from the balcony/garden/neighbor/street sellers or flower shop)
  • Opening my closet and finding things I know I will feel good and comfortable wearing (this means wearing the same pieces more often - not necessarily bad)
  • Finishing reading a book and looking forward to buying the next one (signing them with my name too)

Now its your turn. What are the random things that make you happy? Were you always aware of them or did it take you some time? Do you find they change with time?

| Love, Lisa |

6 comments:

  1. Great post, and so true :) I have followed you on bloglovin, can't wait to see more!
    - C
    Claudine Converses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudine! I followed you back on Bloglovin and Insta :)

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Fresh flowers are the best! That, and warm clothes straight from the dryer or a bed with newly washed sheets! I was just thinking that the other day actually, it's all about the little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm clothes in winter and fresh sheets all year long get me every time too Jen...
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Off to explore your blog I go :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...