Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How much is your talent ?

Browsing as usually the lovely DesignLoveFest blog I ran over this chart made by illustrator and typographer Jessica Hische who also happens to have written these very helpful things on how to price your work as an artist/designer. Although prices vary a loooot according where you live or work, the project, the nature of the job and so many other factors, I found the logic of calculating your work very interesting.

Let me tell you that I have been eager to join the freelancer world for the last 2 years but I haven't yet made it completely happen. With lots of shame I admit have spent crazy amount of time wandering on sites like freelancer.com or peopleperhour.com only to discover ridiculously low paying rates people who call them professionals accept for their work. This is really discouraging as you know you will never beet that 50 people team of somewhere in Asia people working for 1$/hour.

Beside this, I have been struggling in real life, when usually I doubt whether to get payed or not for a relative/friend or a big company asking to work for them. Doubting still continues, but I've become more confident of myself and my talent. Wish you all reach the balance point of enjoying what you do and making yourself proud of what your talent can buy you when you finish a project !

: : Lisa : :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...